Copyright Terms and Conditions of Use
Access to and use of the text, images, and other files on this Web site are subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Software, data, documentation, electronic text and image files, audio and video clips, and other material are protected by copyright laws and may be covered by other restrictions as well. The American WideScreen Museum ("The Museum") retains all rights, including copyright, in data, image, text, and any other information contained in these files. Copyrights and other proprietary rights in the material on this Web site may also subsist in individuals or entities other than, and/or in addition to, The Museum. The Museum expressly prohibits the copying of any protected materials on this Web site, except for the purposes of fair use as defined in the copyright laws, and as described below.
2. Fair use of copyrighted material includes the use of protected materials for noncommercial educational purposes, such as teaching, scholarship, research, criticism, commentary, and news reporting. Unless otherwise noted, users who wish to download or print text and image files from The Museum's Web site for such uses are welcome to do so without The Museum's express permission. Users must cite the author and source of this material as they would material from any printed work; the citation should include the URL http://www.widescreenmuseum.com. Direct linking to image files on this site is strictly forbidden. The site is continually changing and links may only be made to HTML pages. Linking to image files may provide some embarrassment if changes are made in The Museum's stored image files.
The Museum does not warrant that use of the materials displayed on this Web site will not infringe the rights of third parties not affiliated with The Museum. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
By downloading, printing, or otherwise using text and image files from this Web site, users agree that they will limit their use of such files to fair use, and will not violate The Museum's or any other party's proprietary rights.
3. Unauthorized commercial publication or exploitation of The Museum's files is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any of these files or images for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair use as defined by law, must request and receive prior written permission from The Museum. Permission for such use is granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the Curator. A usage fee may be involved depending on the nature and type of the proposed use.
For inquiries regarding research and photographic services, contact the Curator.
4. The Museum has reviewed all of the sites linked to this Web site and verified accuracy and appropriateness, but is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or other sites linked to this Web site. Users link to any off-site pages or other sites at their own risk.
5. The Museum may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. Users are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically revisit this page to review current Terms and Conditions.