|PROCEDURE FOR CLEANING|
Since the ultra Panatar is completely sealed against dust and most atmospheric conditions, cleaning the glass surfaces will not be necessary more than two or three times a year. Projection booth conditions will dictate the frequency of cleaning.
- Remove the plug-button with the thumbnail.
- Remove control knob securing bolt.
- Remove the control knob. Note that the knob will fit in only one position.
- Remove the retaining ring and corrector lens.
|THE ULTRA PANATAR LENS|
- Remove the screws from the bottom of the lens.
- Carefully remove prism assembly from the cell.
- Remove dust particles from the glass surfaces with a fine camel's hair brush. Anti-static brushes are helpful.
- Apply lens cleaning fluid liberally. Use only the best grade tissues or cotton for removing the fluid. DO NOT SCRUB the glass, as the coating must be treated considerately. UNDER NO CONDITIONS USE HANDKERCHIEFS OR CLOTHS OF ANY KIND.
- Reassemble the lens in reverse order.