THE MICHAEL TODD COMPANY, INC.
ENGINEERING BULLETIN #1
DESCRIPTION (GENERAL) OF "AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS"
35 MM - 4 MAGNETIC SOUND TRACK TECHNICOLOR RELEASE PRINT.
(1) This RELEASE PRINT is a small sprocket hole (Fox Hole) 35 mm TECHNICOLOR print.
(2) It has conventional 4 stripe magnetic sound tracks.
(3) The 35 mm TECHNICOLOR release print has 3 low frequency signals super-imposed on the 4th track (effects track). These frequencies are 30 cycles, 35 cycles and 40 cycles. With the addition of a Perspecta integrator to a conventional 4 channel stereophonic system, the surround speakers can be triggered so that special effects are obtained. This also requires the addition of two amplifiers so that the surround speakers are split into three separate groups, right group, left group and rear group, and are fed by an individual amplifier. The overall resulting effect is that of true directional sound in that sound will emit at various times from the right side of the auditorium only the left side, the rear, or a combination of the above. Complete details on the minor modifications required and information where to obtain Perspecta units are available from the Michael Todd office in New York. This feature is optional on the part of the exhibitor.
(4) It is recommended that the curved, seamless type screen (white) a having a maximum of 2 to 1 light gain be used.
(5) It is recommended that high intensity reflector type arc lamps be used to provide the maximum light obtainable.
(6) The associated pages in this technical specification outline in detail the Michael Todd Company, Inc., general equipment recommendations and specifications necessary for the installation of a proper type of associated equipment in your theatre.
(7) It is also recommended that where the specified types of equipment are not available, any substitute equipment to be considered for use in the reproduction of this print shall be submitted to the Engineering Department of the Michael Todd Company, Inc., New York, for specification approval.
(8) The Michael Todd Company, Inc., is desirous of presenting this production RELEASE PRINT under the most favorable conditions and by its recommendations of certain specific types of manufactured equipment assures the exhibitor that if the specifications are complied with, the ultimate in presenting "AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS" will be obtained.
Your are reading Page THREE. Click below to read on.