THE MICHAEL TODD COMPANY, INC.
ENGINEERING BULLETIN #6
BACKSTAGE SPEAKER REQUIREMENTS
(1) Three or five backstage speakers are required. (See Drawing ES450 for wiring diagram)
(also see filter drawing supplement to ES450)
(2) All stage speakers shall be of identical type and shall have a frequency response of 40 - 12,000 CPS or better.
(3) Speakers should be of such Power rating that any single sound track can properly fill the auditorium’s acoustical needs.
(4) The high frequency speakers shall not be of the acoustical lens type.
(5) The center of the high frequency speaker must be located 1/2 to 2/3 up on the height of the picture, (NOT the screen).
(6) Back stage must be acoustically treated for absorption to eliminate reverberation. Discarded curtains, ozite or other absorbent acoustic material should be hung from the height of the screen to the floor.
ISSUE 3 – 8-12-57